Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I told you I'd find time.

It's crazy how much I've realized in the last couple of hours. I've realized how I need to learn how to make time for myself, that drama is slowly taking over my life and is about to swallow me whole and that my room is incredibly unorganized and needs to be whipped into shape. 
But I've also realized how ready I am to move on past high school and for once, I actually know where I'm going. I'm going to be optimistic. When people ask what I'm doing with my life, I can firmly and proudly say, "Well, I'm going to college in New York for a degree in Advertising and Marketing Communications... Then we'll see where the wind takes me."
Honestly? Some people have laughed in my face. But you know what? I don't care if they, knowing nothing about me, assume I'm this pink-loving happy, go-lucky fashion-obsessed teenager who's gonna crash and burn under pressure, because that's not who I am. I've been taking honors courses my whole life; I won competitions in fourth grade over high school students; I've been actively involved in clubs and sports; I spend more time at school than at home; I was a choir vice president for two years and am currently a co-president for theatre club with lots of responsibilities; I follow fashion blogs and runway shows; I write 3 different blogs; I love styling; I'm an absolute perfectionist; I'm hard-working; I love fashion, music, photography and traveling more than anything in the world; and you know what? 
I'm not even that fond of the color pink.
So, the next time they call me stereotypical, I'm just going to yawn and move on, be the bigger person; because I am. 
I'm trying really hard right now to get into FIT and I'm really excited about that. I could explain to you all the reasons it's so perfect for me but I'm especially excited because it's located in New York, it has the perfect major for me, I'll have opportunities for internships and they have a dance team; is that not insanely awesome?

Today didn't start out very well, I nearly tripped walking down a hill in wedges, got laughed at for doing so, and when returning and choosing to go up the stairs, got clapped at. I was not a happy camper. I haven't really been made fun of recently, but that's because I sheltered myself; now I realize why I hid in the drama room sophomore year, but now that I'm venturing out, I see that the world (or my school, rather) is very... diverse? I suppose I should get used to that or the subway isn't going to be a very welcome place for a little, innocent redhead.

I also wanted to let you guys know that I appreciate you, my readers, if there are any of you out there. Your comments seriously brighten my day, it's great to know someone is there for me.
Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I'll reply to you soon! :) Thanks for reading!